Who is not familiar with these sights? In addition to the story of the legendary myth, Mount Tangkuban Perahu become a major destination for domestic and foreign tourists when visiting Bandung.
Tangkuban Perahu has a mythical stories that were legendary before the formation of this mountain where, there is an interesting story that characterizes the process of mountain formation. Once upon a time in ancient times tell a beautiful widow namely Dayang Sumbi and his son also named Sangkuriang, along with his dog, Tumang. Because there are mistakes made Sangkuriang, then Dayang Sumbi evict the only child. Time passed, until Sangkuriang growing up and it turns out the mother is even more youthful. Once again meet with Dayang Sangkuriang Sumbi. Sangkuriang who do not know this woman before him was his mother, then fall in love Sangkuriang to Dayang Sumbi
Dayang Sumbi already know that the man before him was his son, Sangkuriang then issued a requirement. Given these requirements, Sangkuriang thought better to marry. However, it turns out that given the terms agreed Sangkuriang Lady is making a lake complete with a boat in one night. When these conditions are implemented, Dayang Sumbi panic, because Sangkuriang able to do so. Thus, sly sense Sumbi Dayang was run with the women wake dimples rice in order to beat the cock crowed. And sure enough, when the women beat dimples, cock was crowing and genies that helps Sangkuriang leave.
Sangkuriang was angry because the work is nearing completion have been thwarted by Dayang Sumbi, then with the anger Sangkuriang kicked the boat that almost happened and then upturned boat into a mountain that we know, the Mount Tangkuban Perahu. Apart from these myths
Tangkuban Perahu Mountain is actually a volcano that was active and last erupted in 1910. Due to the intensity of the eruption that often, thus resulting in this mountain has many craters. There are 9 crater of Mount Tangkuban Perahu, namely Kawah Ratu, Kawah Upas, Domas Crater, New Crater, Crater Jurig, Demon Crater, and Pangguyungan Rhinos.
Ratu crater is the largest crater. In addition to the crater, Mount Tangkuban Perahu is no other natural tourism potential which unfortunately passed, namely Goa and Sacred Water Cikahuripan. And also in the area of Kawah Domas which is located approximately 1.3 km from the crater of the Queen are boiling mud steaming sulfur. Incredible views once when you visit the Tangkuban Perahu.
The eruption of Mount Tangkuban Perahu
It has been trusted by the whole community in general and the people of West Java in particular, that the Tangkuban Perahu Sangkuriang formed because of anger against Dayang Sumbi who refused his love. When judging from the scientific aspect, Mount Tangkuban Perahu as disclosed by Van Bemmelen on research in 1934, Mount Tangkuban Perahu is formed as a result of the eruption of ancient Mount Sunda. Around 50,000 years ago the ancient Sunda eruption occurred very powerful. Because of the great eruption, resulting in the emergence of a very wide gaping hole until it reaches a diameter of 5-10 km.
Large hole was later called the Sunda caldera. Well, in the caldera is then emerged a new mountain, which became known by the name of Tangkuban Perahu. The process of mountain formation is similar to what happened when Mount Anak Krakatau was formed in 1927. Recorded in history, that of Mount Tangkuban Perahu has erupted several times. Although it has been several times erupted, apparently over a period of nearly 200 years, this mountain has never erupted with a vengeance. Eruption that occurred on this mountain are grouped in categories C phase, where the phase is still in the stage of formation of a mountain. At this stage, the eruption which occurred on a mountain is a phase esplosif small ones alone. Sometimes only punctuated by a phreatic eruption.
There are a few moments eruption of Mount Tangkuban Perahu in recorded history, among others.
- In 1829, the eruption of ash and rocks as a result stormed out of the crater of the Queen and Domas Crater.
- In 1846, at Mount Tangkuban Perahu an increase in volcanic activity.
- In 1896, the formation of new fumaroles located in the north crater Rhinos and Queen Crater.
- In 1910, the existence of a column of smoke rising up to a height of 2 km above the crater cold then there was an eruption from Kawah Ratu.
- In 1926, a phreatic eruption in the crater of the Queen who then form a hole Ecoma.
- In 1935, the emergence of a fumarole field, which was then called the Rhinos with a distance of 150 m to the south, southwest of the crater of the Queen.
- 1952, which resulted in eruption ashfall preceded by phreatic eruption hydrothermal1952, which resulted in eruption ashfall preceded by phreatic eruption hydrothermal
- In 1957, the re-phreatic eruption that formed a new crater holes.
- In 1961, a phreatic eruption occurred again.
- In 1965, a phreatic eruption
- In 1967, a phreatic eruption volcano Tangkuban Perahu
- In 1969, a phreatic eruption that preceded eruptions that produced ash weak
- By 1983, visible ash cloud rising as high as 150 m above the crater of the Queen.
- 1992, an increase of volcanic activity very strong earthquake followed by a shallow seismic and small phreatic eruptions
- The year 1994, a phreatic eruption in the new crater
- From 1999 through 2005, there was an increase in volcanic activity
- In 2013, the most recent volcanic phenomena of Mount Tangkuban Perahu, which is several times showed increased volcanic activity (February, March, October). In the recent history, Mount Tangkuban Perahu has mengjasilkan 11 phreatic eruptions within 4 days (5-10 October 2013)
If you who want to master the vacation time, it never hurts to visit Mount Tangkuban Perahu. When you are going to get there, it is a route that would pass through the toll booth Pasteur, who later continued to Jl. Dr. Djunjunan – up to Pasirkaliki – passing Sukajadi – Sky – Lembang and came to the location Tangkubanparahu (Upper Gate). When you exit through the toll booth Padalarang (via Cipularang), you can take the direction to Cimahi then turn left through Jl. Colonel Masturi, then continued to follow the path of Colonel Masturi until the end (past the local districts and sub-districts Parongpong Cisarua, Kab. Bandung West). When you’ve found the junction Jl. Raya Lembang, you turn left and continue to follow the road past the headquarters of Brimob etc., about 1 mile up on the gates will again travel to access Tangkuban Perahu crater (left lane).